Prev: Re: Revenge of the Mutant USA SciFi Gamer Supplier Next: Re: New FT Gamer

Re: New FT Gamer

From: aebrain@d... (Alan E Brain)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 06:11:29 -0400
Subject: Re: New FT Gamer

>	All I can come up with are the SW battles, and some obscure
thing
>with a Really Huge (tm) ship fighting against goodie-goodie bounty
>hunter/mercenary- people... In the beginning of the movie this ship
>enslaves a planet, and to get the point across, snipers (!) fire at the

>crowd standing on the streets of the capital, killing the girlfriend of

>the hero of the movie (big surprise!). One of the bounty hunters is
>cowboy-kind of guy, who collides with one of the engines of the giant
>ship... Kinda vague, but it's been years and it wasn't a very good
movie...
>	Any others?

"Battle Beyond The Stars"
The third, and by far the worst, movie based on the same story, the
others
being Kurosawa's classic "Seven Samurai", and the old pot-boiler western
"The Magnificent Seven".

OTOH although the movie as a whole is rancid, it has some excellent bits
in:
Robert Vaughn (the man from UNCLE)'s portrayal of the
Fastest-Gun-In-The-West who's so darned TIRED of killing is pretty good.
The
guy who plays the leader of the A-Team, and that Polish detective's
portrayal of a genuine Earthman who's into bona-fide Earth History is
great.
But John-Boy Walton etc are ....forgettable.

-------------------------      <> <>   How doth the little Crocodile
| Alan & Carmel Brain	|      xxxxx		   Improve his shining
tail?
| Canberra Australia	|  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM	By
pulling
------------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo	  oo oo     oo	Maerklin
Wagons
								In 1/220
Scale

Prev: Re: Revenge of the Mutant USA SciFi Gamer Supplier Next: Re: New FT Gamer