Prev: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: DSII: Sauron Stats

DSII: Close Assault Questions

From: Nils A Hedglin <Nils_A_Hedglin@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:35:00 -0400
Subject: DSII: Close Assault Questions

Here's some more questions:

1) If an assaulting unit has an Under Fire marker, does it need to make
2 Reaction tests, 1 caused by trying to move with an Under Fire marker &

1 for close assaulting?

>>2) Does a required retreat from a close assault count as the
>>activation for the retreating unit?  How do you work dismounted
>>infantry getting back into their vehicles to retreat?  Can an
>>assaulting unit follow-up, even if the retreating unit is now out of
>>the 6" range (mounting in vehicles & dashing off)?

>A retreat from a close assault does not count as an activation. Troops
>cannot mount up during such a retreat. They will have to wait for their

>own activation to do so.

Mike Elliott responded to #2 as above.	For clarification, a retreat
doesn't count as an activation, but since a unit that's close assaulted
has to invert it's command marker, a retreating unit has already lost
it's activation, correct?

3) Other than possibly as noted in #1 above, does an Under Fire marker
have any other affect on a close assault?  It affects the die for fire
effectiveness, but I can't find any affect in close assaults.

4) How do Confidence tests in close assault affect tests outside of
close assault?	For example, since a unit that has taken over 50%
casualties has a +3 for the fall back Confidence test, does it also have

to take a general +2 Confidence test for taking more than 50%
casualties?

5) How do you count causality percentages in a mechanized infantry unit?

Is each infantry stand/vehicle counted as 1 casualty out of the total
number?  Or should there be a weighted percentage one way or the other?

I had an infantry platoon that had all it's vehicles destroyed, but all
of it's infantry was already dismounted & had taken no casualties.  The
vehicle:infantry ration was 1:2, so only 1/3 of the platoon's total
elements were destroyed, but having all of a platoon's vehicles
destroyed seems kind of significant.  [I know this will probably be a
judgment call, but I just thought I'd get some input.]

6) Do you have to take the +2 Confidence test for taking 50% casualties
only once when you cross the 50% threshold, or for every casualty taken
after the 50% point?

Thanks,
Nils

Nils_A_Hedglin@ccm.fm.intel.com
I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

Prev: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: DSII: Sauron Stats