Prev: My August Game is Filled Next: Alien Armor

Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER

From: "I'm back, big as life, and twice as ugly" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 23:31:09 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER

>>[all the spoiler stuff dropped  ;-) ]
>>>
>>>JMS, in a message on CI$ two years ago, mentioned that B5 was going
to have
>>>a small number of "kicker" episodes in the first season and build up
so that
>>>the fourth and fifth seasons are mostly "kickers" (kicker is my term;
>>>forget the one he used). I think we're seeing where he's leading.
>>
>>I believe he termed them *wham* episodes.
>>
>Yeah, that's the term! Unfortunately, our local B5 station (CFTO, part
of
>the Baton Broadcasting System, hack, spit) has decided not to carry B5
next
>season. Their excuse is that Warner was too slow in announcing the 4th
>season and all the money's gone. Rumour has it that their program
director
>doesn't particularly like the show and got tired of the flack they
received
>when they started bouncing the show around. There's a grass roots
campaign
>to get a local independant to get the show. If that doesn't work, I'm
going
>to shell out the bucks for a US pay TV station that carries it. Oh,
well,
>it's only two more years...

Good luck. If it gets real bad, I'm sure you can possibly 'borrow' tapes
from someone somewhere...

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: My August Game is Filled Next: Alien Armor