Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....

Re: Those annoying aliens...

From: Ian Dunn <idunn@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 09:40:52 +1000
Subject: Re: Those annoying aliens...

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> * Armour. Kra'Vak armour doesn't use _any_ mass whatsoever... which I
for one
>   find rather, um, strange.

This is at least the second time that someone has said this. And I find
this strange.

I never thought of Kra'Vak armour as some kind of heavy plating tacked
on
the outside or inside or whatever that should take up room. I thought it
simply meant that their metal technology was superior to the human so
their
hulls were made from lighter stronger and more resistant metal. This
would
take up no extra room.

I enjoy it that the aliens are qualitatively different from the humans,
its what makes them alien after all. I object to trying to water them
down
to make it easier for the humans to win, that seems just like
gamesmanship
to me.

The Kra'Vak are deadly and should usually be outnumbered by the human
forces.

Cheers
Ian

      T T T T T T T T	     Ian Dunn
      I I I I I I I I	     I.Dunn@nla.gov.au
      I I I I I I I I	     National Library of Australia
      T T T T T T T T	     Phone: +616 2621467
    ===================      Fax: +616 2731180

Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....