Prev: RE: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: GW UK Price List?

Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER

From: CPsyop@a...
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:22:14 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 SPOILER SPOILER

<< Regarding 'Severed Dreams'. Great apart from the boarding action. Ok
so
when the breeching  pod landed and they knew where - why not just seal
the
area - wait till they disembarked & then open it to space, no problems &
no
casualties. I understand that it made a better dramatic scene.>>

Probably because the Marines were carrying breeching charges for just
such an
occasion.  This may sound like a rationalization but it follows the
doctrine
we use for urban warfare (don't use the obvious, existing doors; make
your
own).

<<Also are the Narns dumb or what charging massed PPG fire and getting
wiped
out was totally stupid, why didn't they just get into cover & blast
anyone
coming through the hole. This whole scene was totally un-believable.>>

Narn cultural disposition for up close combat and contempt for cowering
in
cover?	Heck, these guys still carry swords and daggers so I wouldn't
put it
past the rank & file Narn to think like old Earth samurai.

 <<The rest however as brilliant, FT the Motion Picture. Don't you just
wish
Earth Force had challenged D'elen.

	Tim Jones  >>

Morgul
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!

Prev: RE: B5 SPOILER SPOILER Next: GW UK Price List?