Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: No more....

Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saur

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 08:30:56 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII & SGII: Looking for info on Jerry Pournelle's Saur

Adam Delafield and others said:
> > >The Mote around Murchuson's Eye?  I wasn't aware that there was
> > >another book like that; I thought the sequel was called "The
> > >Gripping Hand", and that was it.
>
> > Yeah, the sequel was called "The Gripping Hand."
>
> Same book, different names?

I can't comment on what books had what titles outside the US.  I do
know,
however, based on Pournelle's essay "Building _The Mote in God's Eye,"
that
_The Mote in Murchuson's Eye_ was the original title for _MiGE_, and
that
Niven resisted the title change right up to the end.

BTW, Pournelle's essay is really very good, and explains the Alderson
drive,
shields, etc.  It was printed in one of his 1980s anthologies, and
contained a
lot of material which had been cut from _MiGE_, including a space battle
which
had been the entire first chapter.

Christopher Weuve  [caw@intercon.com]
Through sheer random chance, my employer may
someday agree with something I say.

Prev: Re: Those annoying aliens... Next: Re: No more....