Prev: Re: Silent Death, Coca-cola, and the meaning of it all... Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...

Re: Those annoying aliens...

From: Kevin_Walker@h...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:27:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Those annoying aliens...

>I have been creating Battlegroups of Ships using alien (Kra'Vak)
technology

>and I have been worried about the strength of the Kra'Vak weapon
>systems.
>
>I was wondering if it isn't a better idea to increase the mass of
class-3
>railguns (and A batteries) to 4.  In addition to increasing the point
>cost.	I find that when I design a ship the last thing I look at is the

>point cost.  However, when I increased the mass of A batteries to 4 my
>ship designs changed significantly.

As long as you keep the Kra'Vak technology seperate from Human
technology
I have not noticed a serious problem.  I realize that some/all of the
railguns are great weapons.  Isn't the max range of the railgun less
than
A and AA batteries.  I am also assuming that most of the optional
technology in MT is in play.  EMP missiles do nasty things to Kra'Vak
ships as long as they haven't been allowed to add screens.  Also if you
can maneuver fighters and/or missiles in against their ships, I have
found the scattergun to be a poor substitute for C batteries/point
defense.

I have only tried these ideas out a couple of times in testing.
Comments
appreciated, flames tolerated.

Kevin Walker	 (Kevin_Walker@hazmat.noaa.gov)
		 (KevinW4029@aol.com)

NOAA Hazmat	7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA  (206)526-6317

Prev: Re: Silent Death, Coca-cola, and the meaning of it all... Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...