Prev: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…? Next: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 16:58:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

They are the same garment (the colors and patterns are largely
regional).
According to Wikipedia, the rope band that holds it in place is called
an
"agal".

I'd recommend listing the loose version as "wearing keffiyeh with
agal" or "wearing
shemagh with agal", and the other as "wearing wrapped keffiyeh" or
"wearing
wrapped shemagh".

To further differentiate you could use both versions of the name, going
with "wearing keffiyeh with agal" and "wearing wrapped shemagh".

<jason.weiser@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You mean the shermagh?
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Shemagh-Head-Neck-Scarf/dp/B0079CT8Y6