Prev: OFFICIAL - GZG latest update - NEW YEAR VOUCHERS NOW LIVE…. Next: Preregistration - GZG ECC XIX - April 1-3, 2016

RE: The Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017

From: Michael Brown <mwsaber6@m...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:31:27 -0700
Subject: RE: The Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017

anyone that wants to join me in Casper WY, let me know

 Jackson (Grand Teton) is another option

Michael Brown
Sheridan, WY

mwsaber6@msn.com

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:34:47 -0500
Subject: The Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017
From: indy.kochte@gmail.com

Hey, everyone!

Okay, this is early, but...wanted to put this on your radars now, so you
can start thinking about it (especially if you want to travel, and want
to get a hotel or camping location or something). Granted, you still
have 19 months before this will actually happen (19 months from
tomorrow, no less!), but those 19 months are going to be going by
*quickly* (at least for this event; everything else making the days and
weeks drag is your own thing ;-) ).

The Great American (total solar) Eclipse of 2017!!! The LAST time this
happened, where the solar eclipse went coast to coast, was in 1918. Next
year, the eclipse will range from Oregon to South Carolina. Fully
detailed maps by state are in the link below. This is a prime and ideal
opportunity for pretty much everyone in the US to get their chance to
see a total solar eclipse. They just don't happen that often, and more
infrequently in the States (much less across the entire Lower 48). The
full duration of the totality part of the eclipse will be upwards of 2
minutes and 41 seconds, depending on where you are in the eclipse path,
and how close to the center line you will be.

A friend of mine picked up some of the maps from this site. They are
very detailed. I have to put an order in now myself.  :-D

http://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/

So...where will YOU be on August 21, 2017? Me, where it's not cloudy.
;-)

Mk

PS: for school planning purposes, August 21st is a Monday. Put in for
your time off now!  :-D (or maybe you teachers out there can write it
off as an educational venture?)

Prev: OFFICIAL - GZG latest update - NEW YEAR VOUCHERS NOW LIVE…. Next: Preregistration - GZG ECC XIX - April 1-3, 2016