Prev: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Roger Bell_West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:16:29 +0000
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:24:27PM +0000, Douglas Evans wrote:
>However, as far as I'm aware, it's still the case that most games are
not in a situation that allows campaign playing, not even a 'mini' for a
long night. So, scenarios, evocatively written, girded by well-crafted
objectives and penalties, would likely have to suffice.

Well, books of scenarios (with set forces, and specific victory
conditions) would certainly be welcome - but I don't know how well
they'd sell and if they'd be worth Jon's time to put together. What a
lot of games seem to turn into is "I'll take X points of my faction,
and you take X points of your faction, and we'll see who wins".

Perhaps the core book could have some more "generic" scenarios along
the lines of the ones in Chain of Command - so you _can_ play straight
attack/defence, but you can also have a probing attack that's trying
to get forces off the end of the table behind the defenders rather
than wipe them out, etc. Bless those into the core rules and you can
start to get people thinking of something other than a slugfest.

Prev: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL