Prev: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

From: Douglas Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:24:27 +0000
Subject: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: FTL

I would say, absolutely!

Just about every board game I look at lately is 'can I use for an
easy-to-participate campaign that's compelling?"

(And has a combat resolution system that could mimic FT results for
those 'walkover' situations, but that's another topic.)

However, as far as I'm aware, it's still the case that most games are
not in a situation that allows campaign playing, not even a 'mini' for a
long night. So, scenarios, evocatively written, girded by well-crafted
objectives and penalties, would likely have to suffice.

I'm still trying to understand the concept of 'narrative campaigns',
though they sound more like a bunch of linked scenarios. Honest, I can
be disabused of my veiled vision.

Doug