Prev: RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator Next: From: John Lerchey

RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator

From: MICHAEL BROWN <mwsaber6@m...>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:20:36 -0600
Subject: RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator

My default is to fall back on Traveller based Planets and "ground
scale".  But then just about every Space game goes through the Traveller
filter

Michael Brown

mwsaber6@msn.com

> From: devans@nebraska.edu
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:04:46 +0000
> Subject: RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator
>
> Apologies for not seeing this earlier.
>
> I think I've seen some schemes for 'terrain generation', but the Full
Thrust books themselves leave size-of-planets so open it's hard to
imagine one size fitting all. In one place, you use half balls on the
table, in another, the table edge is a planet.

> I've always envisioned the battle, even with the ships as pin-points,
on such a small space as to make terrain, aside from a few rocks to
dodge, as impossibly large, for planets, major and minor.

> I suppose one could assume a battle area moving sufficiently fast
relative to planets, as to have them 'zip' by in one turn.  I just get
this feeling that meaningful game terrain requires a sort of Goldilocks
battle frame of reference.

> Doug

BFG?
> The BFG generator covers planets with ring systems, moons, asteroid
fields including their movement and sun effects.