Prev: GZG Official - new releases PLUS FOUR-DAY HALLOWEEN SALE - 20% OFF EVERYTHING! Next: RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator

RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator

From: Douglas Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:04:46 +0000
Subject: RE: Full Thrust Celestial Generator

Apologies for not seeing this earlier.

I think I've seen some schemes for 'terrain generation', but the Full
Thrust books themselves leave size-of-planets so open it's hard to
imagine one size fitting all. In one place, you use half balls on the
table, in another, the table edge is a planet.

I've always envisioned the battle, even with the ships as pin-points,
on such a small space as to make terrain, aside from a few rocks to
dodge, as impossibly large, for planets, major and minor.

I suppose one could assume a battle area moving sufficiently fast
relative to planets, as to have them 'zip' by in one turn.  I just get
this feeling that meaningful game terrain requires a sort of Goldilocks
battle frame of reference.

Doug