Prev: RE: Powered armour on the march! Next: Re: Full Thrust Scenario Generator

Re: Powered armour on the march!

From: Brian Burger <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 00:38:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Powered armour on the march!

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

> [...]

No outbreak of tentacles or eldritch dreams yet, so I think I'm safe. So
far.

> This will be a revival, after a long silence, of my 'red Mars'
> background, small skirmishes in the badlands of a not-yet-terraformed
Mars.
> > I'll be getting some hardsuited non-PA, possibly the new Brazilians,
as
> lower-tech local forces, and starting some scenery and such over the
winter.

> Don't recall this project, but just remembered Scale Creep has a 40%
sale
> on a few Monday Knight Production matts. I remember seeing 'red
planet' in
> the list, but there seemed to be darn few of anything on the store,
and a
> bit fuzzy on whether hex or hex-less. Of course, cross-border shippage
> continues to increase in pain.

I don't recall that I ever put anything up on the web about the Mars
project; it was right at the tail end of my prior involvement in 15mm SF
in
the early/mid 2000s before I more or less stopped gaming for a few
years.

I'll probably be selling off my old non-Mars-themed 15mm stuff at some
point this winter. If anyone is interested in a couple of platoons of
mechanized NAC infantry from Jon's old, old production line, let me
know.
Lovely figures, as good as anything else I've seen on the market, a bit
skinnier than most of the current GZG lineup. Two platoons fully painted
with a few converted figures, a platoon or two of IFVs converted to
hover-IFVs from Rocco 1/87 Marders, and at least another two platoons of
unpainted figures still in their baggies. I think I still have another
four
unconverted Marders, as well. The plan was to do a full mech inf company
with supports eventually. Moving them on because the non-suited figures
and
hover vehicles don't fit with my vision for Project Mars!

Brian
www.warbard.ca

Prev: RE: Powered armour on the march! Next: Re: Full Thrust Scenario Generator