Prev: RE: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

From: Roger Bell_West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:48:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 03:08:44PM +0000, Douglas Evans wrote:
>Really? No one else thinks Weber's or Bujold's feel a bit like RN in
18-19c?

Weber feels to me too much like an RN fanboy: it seems more like
Hornblower than Cochrane. I went thoroughly off the series at the
point where several people behave wildly out of character merely so
that the explodey spaceships can continue to happen. Every secret
weapon and new device works perfectly first time out. And so on.

Prev: RE: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions