Prev: Re: Naval FT Variant Next: FTJava still running?

Re: Macross/Robotech minis? Re: GZG ECC 16 - an overview wrap

From: martin connell <mxconnell@o...>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:53:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Macross/Robotech minis? Re: GZG ECC 16 - an overview wrap

Sorry for the super late response - asleep at the switch....

The mechs are originally from Macross. These are chinese knockoffs of
the
old plastic kits by Arii, they are marketed under the name "Super Space
Time
Models". They are no where near as crisp as the old Arii kits and a bit
of a
pain to build (lots of putty and sanding, chipping off the alignment
pins
for part halves in the arms and legs is pretty much a must). About three

years ago there was a flood on ebay and I bought a case for $32. I have
bunch of the full jet fighter and extra armored Battroid version left
over -
thinking about painting the Battroid up as referees. They still pop up
from
time to time but they usually are around $5 each and not available by
the
case. Guess it's up to the whim of the chinese molder, and even at $5
they
are cheaper then the Arii when you can find them. Maybe there will be
another wave and they will become cheap again.

Martin