Prev: Re: FT: Squadron Question Next: Re: FT: Squadron Question

Re: FT: Squadron Question

From: Kevin Hinton <thewonderclown@v...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:42:26 +1300
Subject: Re: FT: Squadron Question

Personally I like the idea of seperate launch/recover system to the
hangar.

I'd house rule a fighter launch bay to 3 mass with 6 mass per hangar
myself, however, I'd also require that fighters take a turn of prep to
move from the hangar to the launch bay or 1 turn from the recovery bay
to the hangar.

Compare 6 normal fighter bays take 54 mass, 6 hangars plus 2 launch bay
takes 42 mass.	So for 54 mass you can launch all 6 fighter groups in
one turn.  For a savings of 12 mass you can carry the same number of
fighters but can only launch or recover 2 groups every other round.

On 21/02/2013 5:30 p.m., Doc wrote:
> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> I have read most of the comments on this topic via the Digest.
>
> And while I agree there needs to be more to his idea, then what he
suggested.  At the sametime, he is going to take the hit of not being
able to launch and recover all his fighters at one time.

> So how would you all, build a Carrier with the ability to launch or
recover 1 squadron at a time, but have 2 or more squadron onboard.  and
at what cost.

> I do agree with John that part of the Bay "The mass of the fighter bay
is not merely the launch doors, but the fuel, ordnance, support crew,
etc. necessary to maintain, arm, launchand recover the fighters.  If he
needs a "common sense" reason other than "stop trying to be a cheezy
bastard"."

> But I also beleive like the player in question, the launch/recovery
function has take up at least part of the Mass of the bay.
> The question is how much?
>
> I am looking at the group for Wisdom, don't want to shut him down as
this is a player who rarely has a "idea",