Prev: Re: FT: Squadron Question Next: Re: FT: Squadron Question

Re: FT: Squadron Question

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:08:11 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: Squadron Question

On Saturday 16 Feb 2013 00:02:10 Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 06:54:18PM -0500, Doc wrote:
> >1 of our group, wants to build a carrier with, only 3 launch bays,
but put
> >1 to 2 extra squadron in per bay at Mass 6, and use them like
"Missile
> >launcher bay" and rotate them up, so they can launch and be recovered
at 1
> >squadron per launch bay pre turn.

> Not possible under the standard rules. A fighter squadron needs a
> fighter bay in order to be deployed in combat.

I agree with the 'deployed in combat' part. I don't see a problem with
it for just storing fighters, but they won't be in a launchable state.

If he instead wanted to be able to keep spares to replace losses between
battles (useful in a campaign game) then the 6 mass/squadron seems
reasonable.

--
Be seeing you,	      Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.		      Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn

Prev: Re: FT: Squadron Question Next: Re: FT: Squadron Question