Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:43:08 -0800
Subject: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

Right off the bat, Size? For me, anything over 2 inches tall is pretty
much
a collecter's item not a gaming piece, and as such I skip right over.
The
New Gruntz Mech is too tall, for example.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 09:42, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> A quick hypothetical question to all out there in list-land -
> especially those of you who like Mecha-style units with your ground
> forces....

Votoms and Landmates yes. Gundam, no. Anything over 5 scale meters tall,
might as well paint a target on it.

> When you get a kit of a gaming mecha (something for use on the table,
> as opposed to a Gundam-type plastic kit for display), how important
> is "poseability" to you? By that I mean the flexibility to choose
> exactly how you pose your particular model when you build it, as
> opposed to having to assemble it in one fixed pose determined by the
> manufacturer.

> If you were faced with a white-metal Mecha kit with LOTS of parts -
> let's say anything up to 40 separate components - which effectively
> had almost every joint poseable, would you panic and never build it?
> Would you prefer to see it made up in a much smaller number of
> solid-cast subassemblies that were much quicker to glue together, but
> would result in a model that looked just like the next guy's one?

That depends, good joints then more is ok, crappy joints few is better.
It
all depends how much thought went in to those points.

--
Evyn

Prev: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits... Next: Re: Question to all, re Mecha kits...