Prev: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items Next: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 14:02:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> >textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
> >
> >On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  Item II)
> >>  Classed PT Launcher from the WDA (top item)
> >>  http://nift.firedrake.org/weapons/WDA-Torps.htm
> >>

> >Noam will be pleased someone is looking/using the page.  :-)
> >

> >>  Item IV)
> >>  Core Systems
> >>
> >>  Hugh, did I miss something on core systems?
> >>  3 systems, check on the first threshold on a 6, second on a 5,
etc.
> >>  I expect to lose (statistically):
> >>  First threshold: 0.50 core systems
> >>  Second threshold: 1.00 core systems
> >>  Third threshold: 1.5 core systems
> >>  Fourth threshold: 2.0 core systems
> >>
> >>  So, I could well lose a core that kills my ship 50% of the time on
the
> >>  first threshold. On the second, I am likely to take a core. Not
sure
> >>  how that translates to not 'rare' in your mind (though I could
have
> >>  missed something).
> >>

> >IIRC core systems are not hit on the first threshold check, but on
the
> >second. So would/should be more rare.
> >
> >I could be recalling incorrectly, though.
> >
> >Not that I use the core systems as described in FT2.5. I have used
> >substitute core systems that a friend of mine came up with WAY back
when
> >FT2.5 was being first worked on. Said core hits were less
catastrophic
> than
> >the FT ones, but crippled you in different ways that you had to
figure out
> >how to overcome (e.g., a ship communications hit meant you had to
plot two
> >turns in advance)

(actually, ship computer hit; a comms system hit meant you fired last)

> >Mk
>

> Sounds useful, Indy - could you post a copy of what you use, please?

Actually, I've posted it to the playtest list a few times, but it was
either ignored or (once) poopoo'd as not being 'catastrophic enough'.
:-D

Nevertheless, I kept Daryl's original email on a weblink here:

http://www.indy-adventures.net/full-thrust/core-systems.html

I think they offer some good cinematic flavor damage without utterly
destroying one's ship. :-)  Hence why I likes 'em.  :-)

Mk