Prev: Re: GEOHEX Terrain Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain

GZG ECC XV Quote board

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:11:32 -0500
Subject: GZG ECC XV Quote board

Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention XV
February 24-26, 2012

Friday

"If you win, it trumps being mocked."

(Before game starts)
Carl:	"Did we win?"
Vince:	"You're French.  Name a war they've won."

Scott:	"He's pivoting balls!"	(Ron was doing turn maneuvers on a
sphere.)
Vince:	"Stop playing with your balls!"

Carl:	"Vince, you need to cover your ships.  These are grey."
Scott:	"What do you expect?  They're French.  It's not like they fight
with them."

Indy:	  "What if I roll a '7'?" [on a D6]
Richard:  ??? "I stayed up late to make sure the sheets were right!"

Richard:  "Now I want to go over the combat rules."
John L.:  "Ahh, combat's self-explanatory.  Let's blow things up!"

Yerin hits camera button on iPhone and blinds herself.
JohnL:	"Did you just flash yourself?"
Yerin:	*Nods*

Richard: "Fighters can go anywhere."
Indy:	 "They are highly agile.  Like us old guys."
Yerin: <snort!>

Scott:	"If temporal investigations comes after me, they'd hit me with
so much paper
	  work, I would have to go back in time TWICE to finish it all!"

(Indy fired and missed with everything.)
Bruce:	"The aliens have enacted their disco ball technology."

John L: "Are you allowed to park your ships on top of your ships? 'Cause

you've got,
	  like, traffic control issues over there."

Vince:	"Here's a kick to your n***s and since we can't reach that,
we'll go
	  for your shins."

TomB:  "Can the Klingon move out from under me?"

TomB:  Ship Status Display - Federation Heavy Cruiser Kongo - Captain's
notes

	Turn 1: Sleep with yeoman.
	Turn 2: Sleep with XO.
	Turn 3: Sleep with Chief Engineer.
	Turn 4: Sleep with Ship's Doctor.
	Turn 5: Sleep with Ship's mascot.
	Turn 6: Fixed a beam. Shore leave for all engineers.
		(Sleep with all engineer staff.)
	Turn 7: Sleep with Helm's being.
		(Ship was destroyed.)

John L:  "Time to kick in the overdrive and double my speed." (Moves
normally.)
Yerin:	 "That's double your speed?"
John L:  "Yeah, well, the legs are first to go."

Scott:	 "I shot myself in the foot.  Unfortunately, I rolled a 1.

John L:  "So you get double range modifier, so you hit on 2+"
(Indy rolls a 1.)
John L:  "That was so Indy."

Bruce:	 "I rolled a '6'." (Initiative roll)
John L:  "I got a '1'.	I'm Indy!"

"In order to be in PDAF range, you must first have PDAFs"

Indy:  "I'm done shooting.  I'm going to go eat my nuts."

Indy:  "Oh!  I have a bunch of guns to fire!"
	(upon realizing he had been misreading the SSD for 5 turns)
	 a few minutes later...
Bruce: "Oh! I have all these guns to fire!"
	(upon making the same realization)

?:     "Tom, you just got blown up by a grenade."
Tom:   "That happens."

Bruce:	"I'm going to do some spiritual combat."
	 (rolling badly)
John L: "The spirit of Indy has infected your combat."

Saturday

Indy:	"I'm thinking I'm not making my objective."
John L: "That's okay.  This is all about futile effort."

Indy:  (noting Martin Connell's Marine squad was following his)
"Martin's got my back."
Martin: (gesturing to the two bug blips ahead) "More importantly, you've

got my front."

Kevin F: (upon seeing the bug's close combat roll) "Annnd you kill me
dead."

Greg:  "Oops!  That's an axe in the back."
Jeff:  "What's the penetration factor?"
Greg:  "Enough." as he removes his viking figure from the board.

Indy: (as Jon D rips off his sweater)  "Oh, man! Jon's stripping again."
Tom B: "Where?	Where?"

Vince:	"I hope I did it wrong." (plotted movement)
Scott:	"You hope you did it wrong?"
Vince:	"Yes, 'cause if I did it right, I'm screwed."

John L: "If you help me kill them, I'll be less inclined to kill you."

Kevin:	"Time for you to move the bugs and kill us all."
John L: "It's my jobs to move the bugs.  I let you kill yourselves."

Rich: (upon failing a spotting test) "There must be squirrels in the
woods."

Rich and Doug: (upon failing another spotting roll) "Black squirrels!"

Jon D: "Did he say roll initiative or take initiative?"
Ron:   (Rolls initiative) "You took initiative!"

Scott: "On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am?"
Vince: "Well, I hope a 12, think a 5, and fear a 2."

Ron:   "He's just mostly dead."

David: "How many extra guys do I get for eating the scientists or are
they
	 already dead?"
Indy:  "They're already dead."
David: "$%@#&^"

Doug:  "Fish.  The aliens are not there." (Hidden units in the pond.)

Aaron: "That was a crippling attack, for a ship with one hull box left!"
Vince: "Just because you wiped out half my fleet doesn't mena you can
	 roll all those 6s."

David: "I can't kill anything! (using Aliens) I jump on them. I smack
them down. I <sputter>"
Indy:  "On the flip side, you haven't lost initiative yet this game."
David: "I want to eat something!!"

Jon D: "I'm intimidating."
David: "No, I'm intimidating."
Jon D: "I'm more intimidating.	You knocked me down.  I got back up.
Like a boss."

Jon D: "Indy, eight aliens against six power armor. pound-pound-pound.
No damage.
	 Six power armor against eight aliens. pound-pound-pound.  No
damage."

Vince: "So what are the Star Furies that are atmospheric capable?"
Scott: "Thunderbolts."
Vince: "No, I mean the ones with the folding wings."
Scoot and Aaron: "THUNDERBOLTS!"

Jon D: "That's right. We move last, like last turn."
Doug:  "Like every turn."
Jon D: "Stop that!"

Steve B: "I need no cheesey missiles."

JP:  "I thought that couldn't be Uranus; it was too strong."

Jonathan: "I you do damage to yourself, do you get points?"
Steve:	  "No, self-inflicted wounds should never be a benefit to
victory conditions."

Brian P: "I wanna punch him in the face.  Can I punch him in the face?"
Martin:  "Um... When it's your turn, you may punch him in the face."

Bruce:	"It was a good place to hide iuntil the tank weapon showed up."
	 (after Indy destroyed a building with a Bradley-mounted TOW
missile.)

Bruce: (Reading the vehilce stats for the Taliban T-55) "And your
vehicle is a deathtrap."
Jon D: "My tank is a death trap?!?"

Brian:	"I was doing something stupid and I wanted to get it on paper."

Bruce: (After Jon/the Taliban utterly destroyed an AMTRAC with three
RPGs)
	 "You got any more armored vehicles [for the Marines], Ron?"
Ron:	"Yeah.	Let me bend over and grab one for you."

Bruce: (to Indy) "You can leave one Marine behind to guard the
prisoners.  No Taliban
	is going to come down here."
Indy:  (looking at Jon) "Oh, I don't know about that!"

John L: "Get 'em.  Wait.  He's shooting as me.	Don't get him."

Aaron: "It (Liberty Prime Junior) came as advertised.  Not usually the
case with
	 1950s catalogs."

Ron: (as he and Bruce give the Marines and A-10)
      "Sorry, Jon, you've been doing so well you've been penalized."
      (At this point Jon had destroyed two HUMMVs, the AMTRAC,
immobilized the
       third HUMMV, and had the Marines pinned down in the back of the
board,
       unable to advance.)

Sunday

Scott: (After Vince says something obnoxious.)
	 "To the quote board with you!"

Carl:  "There's a lot fewer ships of that color on the board.
	 Can I assume they're yours?"

Tom B: "The conga line has finished it's violence."

Greg:  "What's the impact of a rocket propelled human?"  (It's a D10)

"So the 'Nef has been nerfed."

Prev: Re: GEOHEX Terrain Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain