Prev: Re: More future history questions Next: Re: More future history questions

Re: More future history questions - India

From: "KH.Ranitzsch@t..." <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:08:27 +0100
Subject: Re: More future history questions - India

-----Original-Nachricht-----
> Von: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
> An: <gzg@firedrake.org>
> Betreff: Re: More future history questions
> Datum: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 01:44:51 +0100

> G'day,
>
> > rising tech power (where are all your tech support call centres
> > again?),
>
> A lot are moving to the Philippines and even some in Indonesia.
> India's hold on that aspect of tech is moving on.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Which just means that India's tech level (and salary level) is moving up
to better-paying tasks.I have come across a number of pretty competent
tech people from India in recent years.

When you say the India is "hemmed in" by geography, this is akin to
saying that the US is "hemmed in" by geography. Chances for landward
expansion is, indeed, limited, but India is perfectly placed to control
the Indian (Duh!) Ocean, and it has been quietly developing its Navy. So
it is likely to play an important role from the East Coast of Africa to
Indonesia and West Australia. This area includes the Persian Gulf(!) and
the trade routes between East Asia and Europe(!).
Against a developed India, the US would be hard-pressed to maintain its
military influence in the Indian Ocean basin. And with China, I think a
conflict is more like to be a naval conflict around South East Asia
rather than a direct land confrontation.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Grteetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: More future history questions Next: Re: More future history questions