Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Rewriting gzg-uture..

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:48:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>>  [...]
>>  4. The least likely things in the old continuity are the most
heavily
>>  entrenched in miniatures. The NAC was tremendously unlikely (I mean,
God
>>  Save Her Majesty The Queen of Canada, but Britain rescues North
America?
>>  Don't know if that works... and then taking over all of South
America? Not
>>  likely). The ESU probably at least as unlikely. But they are both
popular
>>  blocks of minis.
>>

>I thought Jon developed the NAC as he did to have a fun tweak at those
of us
>across the Pond here.	:-D  I *thought* that's how he once explained it
>someone, but I could be misremembering.
>
>Mk

You're remembering exactly right there, Indy - which ties in with my
comments earlier about FT getting far more world-wide exposure than
was ever envisaged when it was originally written. Back in those
days, in pre-internet times (at least as far as I was concerned) and
not having any kind of transatlantic distribution, I really never
expected to sell more than a handful of books outside the UK - and as
a large number of the gaming products coming over here from the US
appeared to have a very "America rules the world/known space/the
universe" outlook, with the British being very much sidelined and
ignored in many cases, the formation of the NAC was very much an
"in-joke" to redress that balance a little! The premise behind it was
always, of course, a loooong stretch of credibility....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Rewriting gzg-uture..