Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:21:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

>G'day,
>
>I'd say my one and only real bugbear about the futureverse is that
>the IF and NI have to be so focused at each other's throats. Freed
>from such close quarters you could imagine a diversification of
>tensions. This is a problem I have with many "future histories"
>across many different fiction sources where long term combatants on
>Earth transfer without pause into space. I know that there are
>plenty of cases where there have been centuries of history between
>two "nations" but geography plays a decent part to that.
>
>However, this is not a reason to change anything though because
>there is enormous scope to paint the existing timeline in a vast
>number of ways. As a bit of fun years back I wrote a version up with
>a few more details that caste a different light to the commonly held
>view on the same events. I won't bother reposting here as it raised
>a few hackles at the time, but it was meant to be one example of the
>many many ways you can caste the current GZGverse timeline. In all I
>think that's a strength. In fact a geopolitical adviser friend of
>mine was quite intrigued to hear it was written when it was, given
>things have panned out since. He was very interested in it.
>
>A more moderate whinge is I'm coming to the end of my Mars timeline
>of stories (I've just about kicked the KV back off Mars... I hope to
>finish that this summer) so it'd be nice to know how the humans
>eventually kicked the KV butt in total (or whether the KV just
>dwindled away for their own reasons like the Mongol horde) so I
>don't end up too off base ;)
>
>Lets start the second Xeno war! ;)
>
>Beth

Hey Beth, thanks for posting these - very interesting, if you have
any more then please let us see them! As you say, some of it is
scarily close to some of the things in the GZG-verse.....

Actually I'd like it if you DID re-post your own piece that you
mentioned above, just for discussion - though if you think it might
upset  some folks then feel free to email it to me off-list instead.
I do like to HOPE that we are all grown-up enough on here that we can
read other peoples' ideas and opinions without throwing our toys out
of the pram!  ;-)

Best,

Jon (GZG)