Prev: Re: Albert W Cho is out of the office Next: Re: The other list is back up......

Re: Cons of a yahoo/fb move

From: Seamus <fomorianwolf@g...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 04:15:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Cons of a yahoo/fb move

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Bob Blanchett
<bob.blanchett@gmail.com>wrote:

> The bells and whistles fb and yahoo bundle in are like the MS works
> compared
> to third party photo,file and mini wiki services available now.
They're
> hooks designed to lock data, users and importantly.. messages  in.

 Yahoo! Groups does archive messages- albeit not very well.

> Google groups does provide a limited method to subscribe external list
> archives.

I miss Usenet particularly because of its archiving; Google Groups
created
by users do not propagate to Usenet, unfortunately.

--
You itch! Of COURSE you itch! We ALL itch! Now, shut up and get some
sleep.

Prev: Re: Albert W Cho is out of the office Next: Re: The other list is back up......