Prev: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB) Next: Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:22:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> 1. Digests coming with HTML and so on - can you clean that up?
>
> 2. Digests in the old days came with some instructions at the top on
how to
> post, how to unsub, how to reach the ListGod(TM), etc. Could we
restore
> appropriately updated ones to the top of the digest emails?
>
> 3. Not convinced letting FB traffic come here directly is wise. If a
> spammer
> gets in?
>
> 4. As for FB generally, I'd rather suck hot plasma and have the
Kra'vak
> spawnlings feast on my still-living innards. FB's entire value
proposition
> is YOU. And they aren't paying you for the privilege.
> Social networking in most of its current forms is corrupt and provably
so -
> follow the money trail and what the company providing the service uses
> generate revenue....
>
> (No, no... I am taking my meds... I'm calm... honest).
>
> I'd rather retire stargrunt.ca and retire from the community than move
> FB. I much prefer email as it arrives and is sorted in an orderly way
into
> my main daily use tool for work and play (email).

Of ALL the options open to us on the web, I am the biggest fan of the
email
list. That would be my first and foremost choice.

> I can deal with it when I
> want and only Google is stealing all of my secrets (hmmm.... that's
not so
> good either.... but they do no evil right? Just like doctors!).

After last weekend's incident at Sugarloaf Mountain here in Maryland,
do...not...get...me...started (again) on...doctors...

> On the other hand, I would welcome some new players and revived
interest.

> And some feedback from Jon at some point as to his plans for rules
> development going forward. At some point, I was promised some....

Hehehe.

Mk

Prev: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB) Next: Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)