Prev: Re: Yahoo and Lists Next: Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:13:33 -0400
Subject: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)

1. Digests coming with HTML and so on - can you clean that up?

2. Digests in the old days came with some instructions at the top on how
post, how to unsub, how to reach the ListGod(TM), etc. Could we restore
appropriately updated ones to the top of the digest emails?

3. Not convinced letting FB traffic come here directly is wise. If a
spammer
gets in?

4. As for FB generally, I'd rather suck hot plasma and have the Kra'vak
spawnlings feast on my still-living innards. FB's entire value
proposition
is YOU. And they aren't paying you for the privilege.
Social networking in most of its current forms is corrupt and provably
so -
follow the money trail and what the company providing the service uses
generate revenue....

(No, no... I am taking my meds... I'm calm... honest).

I'd rather retire stargrunt.ca and retire from the community than move
FB. I much prefer email as it arrives and is sorted in an orderly way
into
my main daily use tool for work and play (email). I can deal with it
when I
want and only Google is stealing all of my secrets (hmmm.... that's not
so
good either.... but they do no evil right? Just like doctors!).

On the other hand, I would welcome some new players and revived
interest.

And some feedback from Jon at some point as to his plans for rules
development going forward. At some point, I was promised some....

Tom

--
Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their
family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything.*

Prev: Re: Yahoo and Lists Next: Re: Of digests and the Eye of Mordor (FB)