Prev: [GZG] A Sad Day Next: Re: [GZG] A Sad Day

Re: [GZG] A Sad Day

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:56:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] A Sad Day

20:33, Tom B wrote:
> It is a sad day as I like Sarah Jane Smith. On the other hand Leela of

> the sevateam (Survey Team) was his best sidekick. She was attractive
> *and* dangerous.
To each their own, /chacun a son gout/, YMMV... Everyone has their own
favourite companion(s). In the original series, mine was always Ace;
gotta love a girl who brews her own explosives and does over Daleks with

a baseball bat <g>. In fact, I reckon that should be the qualifying
standard for a companion: can you see this person whacking a Dalek with
a blunt implement?

Post-reboot, they've all been pretty good, though subject to the
incredible vagaries of RTD's writing (okay, not Amy, but the others).
How the man could write utter dreck one week and fantastic, intense
drama the next is almost beyond me...

Meantime, farewell Lis Sladen and Sarah Jane Smith, and thanks for all
the fun we had watching you.

Phil

Prev: [GZG] A Sad Day Next: Re: [GZG] A Sad Day