Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions. Next: Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions.

Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions.

From: Seamus <fomorianwolf@g...>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:20:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions.

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Seamus <fomorianwolf@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> 1.) Regarding the revised quick-and-dirty fire resolution from
Hyperbear
>> (Armor D4=AV2; D6=AV3; D8=AV4; D10=AV5; D12=AV6), what would be the
best way
>> to apply this system to vehicles?
>>

> > I haven't really played around with changing armour on vehicles. The
> issue with squad armour is that you have quite a few rolls to make for
> penetration versus armour over the course of a game.
>
   > One successful hit could result in 2, 3, 4 or more armour rolls.
With
vehicles, one hit results in one armour roll, so it's not as big a deal.

Yeah, come to think of it, when a vehicle is actually affected by
incoming
fire, it's either a.) disabled or b.) destroyed.

I suppose it doesn't bog the game down enough to worry about.

>> 2.) I know that the Electronic Warfare rules are incomplete, but what
>> would be a good way to patch the holes?
>>

> > I posted my house rules for EW on my web site.

 Good point; I didn't see that until after I'd started this thread. :)

 I'll have to try them out.

>> 3.) Since SG doesn't have an M2/L2 equivalent and the RFAC/1 isn't
much
>> more effective (as written) than an advanced assault rifle,
>> I'm thinking to increase the damage of this weapon to 1D10 x1.5
>> Does this sound like a good idea?
>>

> In the vehicle rules I've been kicking around for a bit, I played
around
> with RFAC/1s.
>
> The issue is that heavy weapons roll with a D8 impact die. This
represents
> a big gun -- like a large cannon -- firing at a squad. That works for
single
> shot big guns, but not something like an RFAC, which is actually
pretty good
> at dispersed targets.
>
> So, what I did was change the impact die for the RFAC to D12 x the
size
> class. An RFAC/1 has a D12 impact, and RFAC/2 has a D12x2 impact, even
> against dispersed targets.
>
> I'm also thinking that maybe they should have to make a morale check,
too.

That makes more sense, really. I think the trouble is they were written
really as HVC/1 and /2 without regards to their rate of fire.

 Yes, I agree that these weapons should impose a morale check.

--
You itch! Of COURSE you itch! We ALL itch! Now, shut up and get some
sleep.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions. Next: Re: [GZG] [SG2] A few house rule questions.