Prev: Re: [GZG] Website change Next: Re: [GZG] Contributors wanted for Babylon 5 fleet book

[GZG] Contributors wanted for Babylon 5 fleet book

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:16:52 +1100
Subject: [GZG] Contributors wanted for Babylon 5 fleet book

I'm looking for contributors for a Babylon 5 fleet book
for Full Thrust.

The final book will be a free PDF download. I'm not getting
paid for this, and neither will you.

I'm doing page layout, proof reading, and general editing
duties.

What do you do? At minimum, design some Babylon 5 ships for
use with FT:XD; write up some notes about fleet doctrine,
tactics, and the role of each ship; playtest, send to me.

What fleets? I've done Shadows, Earthforce during the TV show,
and Alliance. Off the top of my head I'd like to see Drakh,
Centauri, Vorlon, and Third Age Earthforce. But that's up
to you.

Ships must be designed for the Cross Dimensions variant of
Full Thrust, within the general framework and guidelines
online at
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~laranzu/fullthrust/B5/index.html
Unless you're designing First Ones, the resulting ships will
also be usable without change under Fleet Book 1/2 Full Thrust
with the UNSC beta rules.

SSDs must be created using the Adobe Illustrator templates
and symbols available from my Full Thrust web pages, to ensure
consistent appearance throughout the book. If you're not happy
with Illustrator, just send me the design stats and I'll draw
the SSDs.

If someone wants to draw black and white line drawings for
each ship, either orthographic side/top/front views or a
perspective view, that would be great. If not, I'll arrange
it.

And last, the legal situation. I've been emailing Warner
Brothers and here's my understanding.

I can't afford the license fee. (Don't ask.) Words like
"unauthorised" and "not official" will therefore be prominent,
and absolutely no screen grabs, or existing images or text.
Non-commercial or not, WB can order me to stop at any time,
whether because another company buys a license or simply
someone inside WB deciding they don't like it.

If you're interested, please email me.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] Website change Next: Re: [GZG] Contributors wanted for Babylon 5 fleet book