Prev: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust (John Lerchey) Next: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust (John Lerchey)

Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust (John Lerchey)

From: Seamus <fomorianwolf@g...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:21:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust (John Lerchey)

> > I have to ask, where does this salvo missiles hitting friendlies
come
from?

> It's not from the rules as written.

> It's from John's proposal for changing the missile rules, which he
> mentioned in his December 15 e-mail.

> >From John:

> "There is a factor of entertainment loss in that you can't fly into
> your own salvo, but really, space ships running into their own fired
> missiles targeting envelope and the missiles are too stupid to NOT
> attack the friendly ship??  That's always stretched it a good ways for
> me anyway."

See, the problem with 'hitting your own ships' is that it doesn't make
sense
in space.

Space is big. Really big. You may think it's a long way down the lane to
the
chemist, but that's just PEANUTS compared to space....

I digress.

Even if fleets are traveling in a wedge or cluster, they aren't all on
the
same horizontal plane in space. Because of this, having the risk of
missiles
hit your own fellows makes about as much sense as using direct-fire
rockets
in space.

No sense of scale.