Prev: Re: [GZG] Railguns Next: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

From: "The Walshes" <mrwalsh@w...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:34:43 +0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:26:27 -0600
> From: Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
> To: gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

> Well said, as well as SFB for quite some time, and even in the not-SFB

> lite
> Fed Commander freebie. Don't rmember if it's also in my copy of
Klingon
> Border, though I'd assume so.
>
> Now, given that I HAVE had Starmada demo'd on hexes, but not hex-free,
> still got the impression of the hexless version being a bit of  a
kludge,
> something like Wizkids Crimson Skies being gridless. Or the hex
version of
> Full Thrust that Ken Burnside used to make strawman comparisons to
Attack
> Vector.
>
> I suppose rather off topic; I apologize about venting about fanboyism.
> Several players I greatly respect enjoy Starmada. I don't.
>
> The_Beast

Hi

I have played FT for a number of years, a year ago tried Starmada AE
loved
it and not played FT since, this might make me a fanboy but I can still
use
my GZG fleets, I would like to see a FT3.0 but the problems I have had
with
FT have largely been resolved by playing Starmada.
For the record I like the hex based system as it avoids the "moving
last,
just in/out arc by a whisker" moves that seemed to happen in FT. I could

talk at length about what I like about Starmada compared to FT but
understand that this is a GZG forum.

Cheers Mike

from Mike Walsh
mrwalsh@westnet.com.au

Prev: Re: [GZG] Railguns Next: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust