Prev: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust Next: [GZG] Railguns

Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:10:24 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

Oh, okay.  Is that with Starmada X in particular or...?

The main complaint I have about Full Thrust is actually a feeling that
cinematic movement is broken at high speeds.  Oerjan speeds are
effective because they allow you to basically skip two or even three
whole range bands to make a strike, and because even moderately
maneuverable ship travelling at those speeds becomes completely
unhittable with salvo missiles and plasma.  Vector has its own issues,
but ships being unhittable with direct fire isn't one of them.	I
wouldn't mind seeing a slight sop to inertia physics in cinematic where
if you're moving at, say, three times your thrust max you need twice as
many thrust points as normal to make a turn (with the same limits for
maximum turning), and at four times you just aren't allowed to turn at
all until you slow down.