[GZG] [FT] No fear, Roger Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24
From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:33:41 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [FT] No fear, Roger Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24
I understood perfectly, just teasing. Old men love working ancient
advertising jingles into their conversation.
Roger Burton West wrote on 09/28/2010 03:01:09 PM:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:47:44AM -0500, Doug Evans wrote:
> >Why, Mr. Burton West, you aren't about to go 'swoosh' on us, are you?
> >thought you were in the hard sci fi crowd
> >You know, those who'd rather fight than swoosh?
> I like to simulate as far as possible. I have played AV:T and quite
> enjoy it. My role-playing system of choice is GURPS.
> But - well, I think it was John Atkinson who wrote about what it might
> take to make a "realistic" modern Iraq wargame. Going from my
> 99% chance nothing happens. 1% chance there's an ambush. Either the
> rebels get their ducks in a row and the Americans die, or they don't
> the Americans kill them. However it comes out, this isn't a whole lot
> fun to play through.
Gzg-l mailing list