Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

From: Richard Bell <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:13:31 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

We once took pity on each other(sort of).  He gave me 20% off to give
me the last push needed to make me pull AH's Longest Day off of his
shelves.  I dropped a serious amount of money to buy Ah's Advanced
Squad Leader and ADB's Doomsday edition of Starfleet Battles.

We were both in the same amatuer theater company.

A less famous quote of his was "It is lonely being a moderate
activist, marching down the street by yourself, carrying a placard
that reads 'Reasonable, informed discussion of the issues as soon as
is feasible.'".

<atcliffe@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Not according to sites like Wikipedia, it isn't. James Davis Nicoll
of the
>> "cribhouse whore" quote fame used to run a games shop. Dunno if it
was
>> Imperiums To Order, but is it likely that there'd be 2 James Nicolls
running
>> RPG shops so close by?
>>

> Wow, that is way cool!
>
> And, no, if there had been another game store, I would have known
about it.
> The only two in Kitchener were Imperiums to Order and Carry-On Comics,
> across the street. (There was also an Atari computer dealer below
Imperiums