Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:09:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

> Not according to sites like Wikipedia, it isn't. James Davis Nicoll of
the
> "cribhouse whore" quote fame used to run a games shop. Dunno if it was
> Imperiums To Order, but is it likely that there'd be 2 James Nicolls
running
> RPG shops so close by?

Wow, that is way cool!

And, no, if there had been another game store, I would have known about
it.
The only two in Kitchener were Imperiums to Order and Carry-On Comics,
across the street. (There was also an Atari computer dealer below
Imperiums
for a number of years, which I also would visit in the days when I still
used my Atari 800 XL.)

James is a cool guy. I bought many, many games from him over the years.
think a good chunk of my student loans went to him. :-)

For some reason, the quote I remember from him was when he and a friend
saw
two movies back to back. He said, "We saw 'Loose Cannons', which proved
--
once and for all -- that Dan Aykroyd can't act. Then we went to see
'Driving

I don't know why that always stuck in my head...

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger