Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:27:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Gotcha.  Either none of the moves are "half" as each Small Target
moves it's listed speed, or they're all "half" as each Small Target
moves at half of it's listed speed/range.  As long as it ends up
consistent, I'm fine with it.

I think that the terminology issue would be that if fighters (since
they last more than 2 turns) might have a speed of 12, they'd be
listed as being "speed 12" or "move 12" or something, while ordnance,
which might have RANGE of 24, would have an effective speed of 12, and
last for 2 turns.

All good.

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM, John Lerchey <lerchey@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > Yes, fighters move twice per turn (two separate phases), but
ordnance
>> > may
>> > ALSO, in effect, move twice (two separate phases, over two
sequential
>> > turns). During the launch phase, ordnance moves approx 1/2 what it
might
>> > normally (salvos/plasma bolts move 12 MU, long-range salvos 18 MU,
MT