Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:15:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

> >> the like move once.  Is that correct?
> >
> > Yes, fighters move twice per turn (two separate phases), but
ordnance may
> > ALSO, in effect, move twice (two separate phases, over two
sequential
> > turns). During the launch phase, ordnance moves approx 1/2 what it
might
> > normally (salvos/plasma bolts move 12 MU, long-range salvos 18 MU,
MT
> > missiles move 12 MU, etc). Any ordnance that survives the combat
phase
> then
> > may move again (same distances as above) during phase 2 of the
following
> > turn.
> >
> > Mk
> >

> Um.. You say "yes", but then you explain something that is "yes but
not
> yes". ;)

Nothing to see here. Move along...

> Attempted recap:
>
> 2) small target movement (fighters and ordnance already on the table)
> 4) launch phase (any fighters launched do not move away from launching
> platform; see next step)
> 5) fighter movement (allows fighters just launched to react to
> ordnance movement)
>
> So,
>
> 2 - Fighters/Ord not-launched-this-turn may make a full move.
> 4 - New stuff launched this turn may make a half move.
> 5 - Fighters on table may make a full move.
>
> Fighters may move either 1.5 max speed (if launched this turn) or 2x
> full speed if already out, giving them 2 moves per turn, but one at
> reduced speed.
>
> Ordnance moves EITHER have speed (if launched this turn) or full speed
> (if not launched this turn and on table).  Ordnance moves ONCE pert
> turn, but at reduced speed if launched this turn.
>
> Yes?

No. But yes. But no.

:-)

Ordnance moves effectively half speed in each phase. Thus, salvos, which
can
go a total of 24 MU, move up to 12 on launch, and if still around, move
up
to 12 again.

The fighter movement we have worked with 24/24 (two full moves, or
teleporting fighters), 24/12 and 12/12 (like salvos). We have found that
the
12/12 movement is best (except at Oerjan speeds, but then most ordnance
and
whatnot break at those velocities ;-) ), but please experiment as you
see
fit.

Mk