Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:15:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

played with some or most of these rules, and generally
> like them (not sure about CIDS yet, as that is a completely new thing
> that won't be on current ships, and I also prefer that ADFC simply
> enhance the range of PDS as that would seem to fit better with the
> existing SSDs), I do have a question about the new turn sequence.

While we have been working on FT3, we have been under the understanding
that
the FB* designs may not be fully legal. The FB* ships were meant as a
stepping stone away from FT and on to FT3, not to have people locked
into
the FB* designs as "this is how it will be and any rule must fit these
ships".

> >From what it appears, fighters move twice per turn while missiles and
> the like move once.  Is that correct?

Yes, fighters move twice per turn (two separate phases), but ordnance
may
ALSO, in effect, move twice (two separate phases, over two sequential
turns). During the launch phase, ordnance moves approx 1/2 what it might
normally (salvos/plasma bolts move 12 MU, long-range salvos 18 MU, MT
missiles move 12 MU, etc). Any ordnance that survives the combat phase
then
may move again (same distances as above) during phase 2 of the following
turn.

Mk