Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:30:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> ST Die Sources:
> PDS: 3xST Dice vs Any small target *group* within 6 MU. PDS may fire
against
> ships as per FT, doing 1 pt damage on a roll of 6.

So this will require, with my die rolling, 18 PDS to take out a flight
of fighters.  With Indy's die rolling he'd need an infinite number...

> ADS (ex-ADFC) : 3xST Dice vs Any small target *group* within 12 MU.
ADS may
> fire against ships as per PDS.

So you have PDS and Advanced PDS now?

> Ship Main Weapons: require a dedicated firecon. 1x ST Die vs Any small
> target *group* at 1/2 the range of the weapon (e.g, C1 beams have the
same
> range as PDS, C2s have the same range as ADS, pulse torps can reach
out to
> 15 MU, etc)

Not letting larger batteries fire at fighters is a hold over from
WW1/2 naval games and I'd be GLAD to see it go.  I don't agree with
the limiting of range though -- a beam can hit a massive thrust-2
dreadnought just as easily as it can hit a tiny thrust-8 scout.

> CIDS (Close-In Defense System)

And I *really* like the idea of a CID system.

Are you doing anything to limit the strength of fighter attacks?

D.