Prev: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, Our Re: Fiction - Next: Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)

Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:55:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)

Doug Evans wrote:
> Wiki-ized, huh? Yeah, I'm sure we've all heard this before... Wait a
> minute...
>
> You mean we could actually go to the site and update it. Actually be
> responsible our own entries? Not claim, 'I'm sure I sent something
five
> years ago...'

Yes, and thus I'm not holding the entire GZGPedia group hostage due to
RL (mostly work based) commitments. (8-)

Actually, I'm curious - how many people would be interested in a
GZGPedia
based as a Wiki, not as a collection of HTML pages?  Obviously, the
concept of an 'updated' starmap (assuming Nyrath has even looked at
FT at all in the past five years or so) would go out the window, and
we'd have to figure something out about ratings and getting people
to behave nicely to each other... but would this be a worthwhile
amount of time?

Essentially - how many people out there are still interested in the
concept of the Pedia at all?  I know traffic on the GZG-L has dropped
a lot, and it looks like any 'official' universe expansions from
Jon T. are now on the permanent back-burner - are there enough
new people coming into the game that warrant looking at stuff like
this?

> As always, we assume breath holding is contra-indicated, but it is an
> interesting idea. Keep it on whatever burner RL is leaving you.

My problem is that RL keeps tossing stuff on to the burner.
Pretty soon, it's all going to work out and I'm either going to have
a really nice stir fry, or everything will catch fire and I will die.
(8-)

JGH

--
** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI **

Prev: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, Our Re: Fiction - Next: Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)