Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller Next: Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller

Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:33:57 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Dice Roller

My own experience is kind of varied on this.  New players seem to
overthink things and need a bit of time each turn to have the rules
explained to them.  After they figure it out (and this is partly
paraphrasing and partly adding to what was said) the only times it
really matters are when plotting for placed ordnance, plotting to be
able to fire on a fly-by, planning for the (re)appearance of a cloaked
force, and planning coordinated strikes between placed ordnance and
fighters.  There's usually not a great deal of reason to divide your
fleet into individual ships, because they tend to get annihilated if you
do, so in my craziest battles I'm never likely to have more than one or
two ship elements and one or two fighter wings (not groups, I mean wings
of several dozen groups usually) to keep track of.