Prev: Re: [GZG] CelestiCon in a month Next: Re: [GZG] What Happens to the FT Computer Core Page when GeoCities closes?

Re: [GZG] What Happens to the FT Computer Core Page when GeoCities closes?

From: Tim Jones <tim@f...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:44:16 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] What Happens to the FT Computer Core Page when GeoCities closes?

I'm still here* - I'm moving it to Google sites - I have all
the original assets that were hosted and some of it linked to other
resources (on the insistence of the owners, who some are now long dead)
Note the FAQ has been moved to Google sites (its a link in the footer of
www.fullthrust.net ) - and as sites is a collborative Wikki tool anyone
interested who has a Google account can ping me and I will add you as a
collaborator to the FAQ. Its actually a good system for collaborative
web
site building and very easy to use. There is a questions form on the FAQ
site that I did a week or so ago to collect questions. A bigger job is
going
through the list - but it's all in Gmail and it has good tools got
search
and it's fast.

The plans for computer core are the same - it's a wikki and those who
want
access can have rights to add stuff to the site.

I'm hoping Google keeps going longer than the other free hosting sites -
who
are now all but gone! Also Google have a easy out promise for all user
data
so that means the site can be archived and moved if required.