Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm now up for ordering! Next: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:38:11 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:01:32PM -0700, Eric Foley wrote:
>   I actually had to kind of chuckle when I saw the
>   IJN designs and saw the comment, "These ships are punching above
their
>   NPV compared to fleet book designs in test battles due to the
fighters,
>   we're looking into it..."  Well, duh... their carriers sport half
again as
>   many fighters as the fleet book carriers do and they're getting
>   attack-interceptors while the fleet book ships don't.

Actually, the multirole attacker-interceptors seem to be costed about
right - they can only choose role once per turn, after all. Do you
really expect them to beat more than twice their number in standard
fighters?

I agree that carrying a lot of fighters and missiles is overpowered
under the current rules, but I don't think there's a lot of contention
about that, and it seems only fair to warn people!

Roger

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm now up for ordering! Next: Re: [GZG] Subject: Re: Mixed Role Fighters (design system)