Prev: Re: [GZG] Measuring was: - Re: Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: CinematicVs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con? Next: Re: [GZG] Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

Re: [GZG] Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

From: Simon White <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 9:02:27 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

> On the flip side, throwing a level 2 advanced screen plus a couple or
> three layers of armor so that it takes a class 5 or 6 K-gun hit before
> K'V shot even damages the hull on a normal hit seems pretty wicked.  I
> suppose their sheer potential for flat out ruining K-guns is pretty
evil.

> E/Stilt Man

This sums up the problem of any generic rules set... some
groups/settings will have certain styles that use weapons in a way not
in keeping with the balancing done for the costs.
As is always the case... if you don't like something change it - but
point costing on potential is always going to look odd if you start
adding additional constraints.
Metaphor time, imagine Cross Dimensions as paper-rock-scissors... but in
your setting, you don't allow paper - suddenly the balance is all gone.

For my big campaign I re-wrote all the weapons systems out in one place
(still up on my website if you want to compare) - took a long time, but
I tweaked the costs of certain things here and there.

Simon

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk