Prev: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms Next: [GZG] The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:44:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms

At 11:04 AM -0500 5/7/09, Doug Evans wrote:
>Just for clarification, while Allan is correct that I'd defend to the
>virtual death my right to play at home with premeasuring allowed, I do
not
>demand anyone NOT use as, a rigidly enforced house rule, guesstimation
>only, even at me. It's just my decision if I'll play, and I will. I
love an
>extra excuse for getting creamed other than I'm just dumb.
>
>However, do expect me to yell if someone takes time minutely measuring
>every possible step every turn. 'Waving the tape' actually works well
and
>quickly, and I can only imagine simply painted sticks could even be
>quicker.

I would argue that premeasuring movements is NOT allowed. You can take
bearing measurements from a given position account for crews taking a
range to X kind of measurement with a laser range finder (or
cooincidence range finder if basic fire cons are used).

For targeting purposes, taking range measurements of targets as they
approach or on given terrain features makes perfect allowable sense.

As to in space..hmm....

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms Next: [GZG] The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance