Prev: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con? Next: Re: [GZG] Measuring and Vector

Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: Richard Bell <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 02:31:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> I've actually written this up in some FMAS notes a while back - if you
want
> to measure a distance or range, you have to spend an "observe" action
by the
> figure you are measuring from in order to do so......  ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)

In FT, it is perfectly reasonable for a measurement to be taken from a
ship to anything on the table for each firecon mounted.  However, the
measurments are made when that ship is declared to fire and targets
are selected from the things measured to; unless there are still
unallocated firecons.  This makes smaller ships chasing each other
through asteroid swarms a bit interesting-- do I trust my eyeballing,
or measure the distance to the object that I hope to fly by.