Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:18:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

<agoodall@hyperbear.com>
> wrote:
> > Sure, but that's not how the scientific method works.
>
> Anyone stating that FTL is impossible is believing such as an article
> of faith about future science.  We know it can't be done at our
> current level of understanding, but that is all.  Science stops there,
> everything past that is faith or soothsaying, not science.

And I'd like to toss into the hat that back, what, 50, 60 years ago,
people
said it was impossible to travel faster than the speed of sound. Humans
just
couldn't do it. We eventually figured it out. Therefore, by *that* track
record, I believe we'll figure out how to get ourselves out of this
solar
system in a timely manner (i.e., before Sol goes red giant on us ;-) ).

That is, assuming the Ixx or the Kra'Vak don't find us first...

Mk