Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:38:45 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

This is where a simple game system breaks down. TIE fighters are
generally more manueverable than anythign the Rebels used, except for
the A-wings. The empire has it's own variation on their base fighter,
but the base fighters between the two factions do not stack up.

TIE is fast and manueverable but they are gnats that pop if you look at
them funny. X-wings are robust, have shields and more firepower, but
they are slower and less maneuverable. They also carry a hyperdrive
which is one of the reasons they are so much bulkier.

I think if you were wanting to play in a specific setting, it might
simply be easier to rewrite the fighter rules element of the game so
that it fits your setting but also fits the rules. Get rid of the
variability and simply write stats for TIEs, X-wings, B-wings, etc.

-Eli

"You are leaving out TIE Fighters here, I'd argue that TIE Fighters are
the basic fighter, with TIE interceptors being Interceptors and the
rebels not really having any basic fighters.

X wings, probably from dramatic necessity, seem to outperform just
about everything else in the setting.  I'd want to emulate that if I
were playing in that setting."

--
Ryan Fisk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters