Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:20:09 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Yeah, without some sort of technological relativity built into the
system, those sorts of things are hard to calculate in game terms. the
GZG games pretty assume a certain status quo when it comes to tech
shared between races. All perform at the same levels. It is only in the
racially specific technologies that we see any variations between
species.

I would say that if you wish to have tech level reflected in your games
then it should come down to some sort of performance-enhancing modifier
determined by the tech levels. However, I am not entirely sure that GZGs
system has a wide enough spread of statistical variation to allow for
more than a couple distinct levels of tech without rewriting the whole
system.

-Eli